Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The future for Photographers looks bleak.
























The future for Photographers looks bleak.

I can't speak for everybody, but I have been working hard for over a year and a half as a photographer, and still good work is next to impossible to find. Unless you know somebody important, or have great connections, finding work on the Internet is a damn hard game. And what work I have found, for me anyway, it is very dull and uninspired. The job that least appeals to me is working as a wedding photographer, and there are a couple of those gigs kicking around. When people ask me to do a wedding, I quote them a standard, fair rate, and they still think it is too expensive!! Why is everybody so cheap. How do they expect a photographer to make a living.

Anyway, I would far rather work as a product, event, travel or fashion photographer. The number of people with good equipment doesn't help either. The cost keeps coming down and down. I would guess that in the future, Photography may become a basic skill like hand writing, or operating a computer.

Well, my search for decent work continues........Maybe I should become a writer, lol.

No comments: